Saturday, October 22, 2011

I’m gonna go get FOOD WASTED!!!

That is exactly the mission I was set out on. I got off the scale and realized that I had some how lost 9 lbs. Alleluia! Lets celebrate! So recently I noticed a restaurant downtown, was following me on Twitter called the Stray Cat Café. It was one of my first followers so I thought I owed it to them to go and check it out. 


I head out to downtown around 3pm. I figured I would head down there when there was no traffic and maybe it won’t be busy either.  I get in the car and with a 20 minute drive I figured I would make some phone calls. I glanced at the GPS  a few times to make sure I was on track but for the most part I had a general idea of where this place was. So I’m talkin’, talkin’, talkin’, talkin’, talkin’, talkin’, and I have no idea where I am some how there are lines of homeless people on both sides of the street with trash and pigions flying everywhere. I’m lost (thanks Jay). I have no idea where I am but I need to get out of there quick. I make a few turns and hewf… I am in the clear. 




I turn and bam! There it is Stray Cat Café, right on the corner. Parking? Right out front, $3 no problem (its better than $6 or $8). I walk in and it really has a coffee shop/café vibe. Really mellow. Cool artwork on the wall’s. I am guessing they have internet, the man behind me was on his laptop.




The person working there was really cool, sweet, and nice! I was handed a menu and thought… What does one eat at the Stray Cat Café? She told me. They are known for their Cheese Steak sandwiches. The Man vs Food challenge enlarged on my menu. I thought... that would be awesome! I got so excited and she shot me down. Good thing she did. She says, ”Yea it is so hot and spicy you won’t even enjoy it. I recommend the Mexican Cheese Steak!” So that is what I ordered. She even explained that it too could be very hot but she would put in a good word with the cook – to be nice to me.




It was not before long and this Macy’s day parade float was on the table wrapped up in front of me like a present. Ohhhhh what was waiting for me inside? I opened it up and it looked inviting. It had frilled rib eye, fresh jalapeños, sautéed peppers and onions, cilantro, jack cheese, topped with their own special salsa, and chipotle dressing. Plowing this thing down made me feel like a UFC wrestler. It took some work and every bit was worth it. In the end it was not too spicy. It wasn’t until the second half that I started sweating.




A few people I know would come in here, get the same sandwich, and say, “It was ok, I don’t know what MEAT ME was talking about!”  Well I will explain. The name out side of the restaurant says Stray Cat “Café”. It is not a bar, cafeteria, canteen, chophouse, diner, doughtnut shop, drive-in, fast-food place, greasy spoon, grill, hamburger stand, hashery, hotdog stand, or nightclub. It is a café. So for a café the food was awesome! All the flavors were there, nothing out of the ordinary, but better than what I expected. For $13 it was great food and I ate the whole damn thing! Haven't done that in a while.




If you want to hate something, then hate the website. I go to the web site to get the address and it is impossible to find. Don’t get me wrong, may be it is just me, but how hard is it to put a locations button, or the address right at the bottom of the page. Not until I clicked on the Contact page did I find the address and a link to a map. 




As I have said before and I’ll say it again, “I should not have to struggle to find a good place to eat!” The easier you make it for your customers to find you, the easier it will be to enjoy your food.


Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am just sharing with you mine. 


Haters are always gonna hate! And if you hate just to hate you can MEAT ME!


You can find out more about Stray Cat Café @
http://straycatla.com/


Stay wasted,
Sean Rice aka MEAT ME!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...