Monday, January 30, 2012

INTRODUCTION: Moo to Mouth MEAT: A True Love Story




Today I wanted to release all of the teaser posters for Moo to Mouth MEAT: A True Love Story. To clear up any confusion this is not a movie. As much as I wish it was (we'll see what kind of feed back I get, you never know what the future holds) it is a written photo documentary and interview.

I have been doing MEAT ME for a few months now and I have met a lot of people from all over the world involved in various aspects of MEAT. People have shared with me all the wonderful ways they love MEAT, as well as all the ways that they don't.  I seen everything from blogs on how cattle producers and butchers put in countless hours of blood, sweat, and tears towards their love for MEAT and at the other end I have heard from vegans and animal lovers who scolded me for eating MEAT and supporting the horrible way animals are being treated, not to mention the chemicals I am putting in my body. After a while I really didn't know what to think or who to believe. People have asked my opinion and I didn't have an answer for them. I thought how could I have a blog about MEAT and not know what I was eating or where it was coming from.


At this point I realized I needed to find out for myself and for everyone else where our MEAT was coming from. What was I really eating? I dug deep into the resources that I had available to me; Blogs, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. I research into the AG (agricultural) industry. The opinions were end less and the facts were few. It looked like their weren't very many women and that the AG industry was a very male dominated industry. Soon after digging a little deeper, to my surprise, their were a lot more women than I thought. These weren't your typical working women. These were hardworking, innovative, and passionate women armed with change for AG industry. Their LOVE & PASSION was bigger than anything you or I could ever imagine. 


I could not think of any other way to get the real truth about MEAT than through these 4 women "Cattle Producer" Megan Brown, "Butcher" Jenny Dewey, "Butcher" Amelia Posada, and "Butcher" Erika Nakamura. These women don't just LOVE MEAT, they live it.

So with great pleasure and respect I invite you to join me on Saint Valentines Day as I share with you an intimate look into the lives of four of the most hard working, innovative, and passionate women in the MEAT industry today. A four part series with:

"Cattle Producer" Megan Brown - Tuesday, February 14th, 2012



For more information on Megan Brown go to http://thebeefjar.com/

"Butcher" Jenny Dewey - Tuesday, February 21st, 2012

For more information on Jenny Dewey go to http://chicolockersausage.com/

"Butcher" Amelia Posada  - Tuesday, February 28th, 2012

For more information on Amelia Posada go to http://lindyandgrundy.com/

"Butcher" Erika Nakamura - Tuesday, February 28th, 2012



For more information on Erika Nakamura go to http://lindyandgrundy.com/

    
"A True Love Story" Summary - Tuesday, March 6th, 2012



I can not encourage you enough to please leave any questions
 you would like answered in the comments section.

Learn to Love,
MEAT ME




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...